Blackheath Art Society is a dynamic group of Blue Mountains artists who paint, draw and print in our unique purpose-built Studio. Each week we meet in our different groups to work in the south light-filled space of the Studio.
Some members are professional artists, some are starting out but like many artists, they find working in a community of artists a wonderful way to share knowledge, exchange views, techniques and friendly critique about art practice. Enhancing this learning experience are the tutor-led workshops arranged throughout the year.
Our exhibitions provide an excellent showcase of talent which allow fellow arts practitioners and enthusiasts to see what members and others have been doing, and inspire us to keep developing our own work.
- to foster the practice and appreciation of the creative arts
- to bring together artists and art lovers
- to organise, promote and encourage painting, drawing, printing and other group activities the Committee approves such as tuition classes, study groups and exhibitions
- to acquire, establish, equip and maintain premises for conducting the activities above
- to co-operate with any organisation having objects substantially similar to the objects of the Association
(BAS Constitution amended 2006)