Artist talk – Members for Members
BAS Studio on Wednesday, 19 Feb – 5.30 for 6pm, to 8pm.
Aim: to help members exhibit successfully at the Easter Exhibition.
TIPS AND TRICKS OF EXHIBITING
6pm. Moderator: Kathy Fox
Framing – Natasha Daniloff.
– When to frame and when not to.
– Keeping costs down (standard frames/mounts, available colours, sizes and mounts).
– Setting D rings for straight hanging.
Subject, size, medium, and colour from a curator’s view – Pam
– Issues around hanging: very large and very small pictures; and very quiet and very loud pictures.
– Standing out, fitting in, and getting noticed.
– General principles of hanging to consider when thinking about what you will exhibit.
Panel discussion on pricing – Jane Canfield, Ruth Le Cheminant, Ian
– Pricing is a science and an art: what to consider.
– How do you know where to set your value, for the level you are at, and what prices your competition is setting.
– How do you know what price is too high or too low.